Monday, June 1, 2009

Simplicty 5030

Last night, I finished yet another project (I'm just whippin' 'em out, I know) - Simplicity 5030.

I made view 3, with the Peter Pan collar and short sleeves. I just ordered the pattern online last week and was anxious to make my very first blouse, so I bought the fabric in the meantime. It came together so quickly, probably partially because it's very similar to the shirtdress I just finished.

I shortened the sleeves the way I was instructed to (as I have just finished doing on my yellow shirt dress) and they look really nice. I'm calling it my "grandma shirt" because of the floral print and the older cut. I think I'll probably remake this pattern several times in more neutral or hip patterns to avoid the "grandma" thing.

I'm looking at my next adventure in sewing - it may be a matching shirt/skirt or perhaps some pajamas or even another shirtdress. Only time will tell!

3 comments:

  1. I love the peter pan collar. Looks good.

    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore Peter Pan collars, this one looks really great!

    ReplyDelete