Friday, January 9, 2015

Back to the Future (of the Past)

I know I've neglected this blog for a while.  Life has gotten hectic, and I've been re-discovering myself.  This year, I'm going to take the Colette Wardrobe Architect challenge.  I think it'll help me be more myself in a lot of ways.




I have too many clothes, I'll be the first one to admit.  And I didn't own a mirror in my bedroom for... quite a few years.  Especially not since I've realized that fit is a combination of feel and look.  I also feel far more confident in my sewing skills. (Not necessarily in my fitting skills, but hopefully this challenge will help me with that!)  I've just got a mish-mashed collection of things that are ~interesting~ or easy to put on.  

Well, looking nice is just as easy, most of the time.  I do love to remind people that a dress is ONE article of clothing, and pants and a shirt are TWO.  (The laziness is strong with me.)  So, I'm determined to take back my ill-fitting, weird wardrobe and turn it into the slightly retro, still wacky, properly fitting one!

See you towards the end of January!

P.S. - Oh, and I got a serger.  Lazy, well-fitting and well-finished clothes in all fabrics are in my grasp now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment